Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep
Our UX designers thrive on solving hard problems. We foster a
culture of design by inviting cross-functional teams into our
process to understand our users' pain points, generate different
solutions, and test our ideas. Our team delivers products and
experiences by combining personal care and modern technology to
give people the healthcare they deserve.
We work closely to define emerging patterns, interactions, and
visual systems from the ground up to solve problems that haven't
been solved yet-- such as near real-time collaboration with
providers on patient care.
As a UX Designer, you will act as an advocate for Clover design.
You will shape product experiences by creating interaction flows
that are beautiful, intuitive, and functional for patients and
providers. You will help set the vision for the patient experience
and collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, and
other stakeholders to design and test user-focused solutions. This
is a unique opportunity for a creative person to shape how our
patients experience the healthcare system.
As a UX Designer, you will:
- Be a part of a small design team that crafts the patient and
provider (i.e. doctors, nurses, hospitals) experiences and
- Develop project plans, including dates and deliverables, with
your Product Manager and Engineering lead.
- Execute creative work from concepts and wireframes to final
- Explore breadth in design solutions to consider multiple
approaches that might solve a problem.
- Deliver visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and
- Collaborate with user research experts to develop appropriate
research methodologies and test plans for your designs.
- Communicate project statuses and blockers to cross-functional
partners and managers. Call upon cross-functional support as
- For novel scenarios, partner with design leaders to drive
You will love this job if:
- You have a genuine passion for what design and technology can
do to help patient care.
- You are a systems-thinker that can logically visualize complex
systems and user interaction flows.
- You are a problem solver that gets excited by big, complicated
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values designing with
research and data analysis.
- You are a collaborator that can make and communicate design
decisions with non-designers.
- You look for opportunities to take ownership and proactively
advise on potential areas of design investment.
- You consistently seek feedback and offer feedback to peers and
You should get in touch if:
- You have 3+ years design experience in a design environment,
in-house, agency or other relevant industry. You have mobile
experience and have shipped mobile-first products.
- You have a portfolio that shows a diversity of experiences.
Strong in two core skills/capable in two others or expert in
one/capable in three others (core skills: research/strategy, system
design, interaction design, visual design).
- You have an eye for clean and artful design and possess
superior UI skills.
- You are an expert in Figma and pick up tools easily.
- You are passionate about all things design, especially
typography, iconography, color, space and texture.
- You are passionate about accessibility and have experience
shipping accessibility compliant designs.
- You have experience working on complex systems and
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.