TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy
eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce merchants spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We're passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues.
View 4 job postings at TaxJar
TaxJar's remote-only team of 80 people is growing quickly. We
have an immediate opening for a UX/UI Designer who wants to help us
make ecommerce easier for everyone.
We want you to join one of our product engineering teams and
help us build a product our customers love. The product engineering
team at TaxJar is solving complex problems on a daily basis,
supporting our growing customer base and creating new solutions in
a complex domain. We deal with large datasets, complex
frequently-changing sales tax rules, and automating complex
processes for thousands of business customers.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located
in the US.
As a UX/UI Designer at TaxJar you will
- Be responsible for crafting modern, user-optimized experiences
that help support and improve the efficiency of one of the biggest
and fastest growing teams inside TaxJar
- Work closely with our internal AutoFile Team and dedicated
- Take ownership of and improve the experience for our internal
AutoFile tools and the repetitive nature of filings, issue
management, and communication with customers
- Lead the complete product development cycle through planning,
design, testing, and eventually production release
- 1-4 years UX/Design experience in SaaS or other business
- Strong visual design, product design, usability, and
- Demonstrable experience in product design at one or more
successful SaaS companies
- Someone who gets excited to jump on Zoom with stakeholders on
other teams to get their insight
- Ability to create complex user flows detailing user
- Ability to rapidly prototype to test and validate the team's
design efforts using MarvelApp
- Extreme attention to detail
/ React) a strong plus, though not required
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to design for all
screen sizes from mobile to desktop
- Comfort with writing clear, concise UI copy
You'll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We're
peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to
We're a happy team and we all really love what
we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but
are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing
TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the
best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech
startup. We're always looking for an amazing new teammates to come
share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon
Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our
benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you
know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the
person we hire.