SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
The Visual Designer works closely under the supervision of the Principal Designer, who will provide mentoring in design conception and implementation. The Designer I is assigned smaller aspects of various projects within the design team. They will work on projects with clearly defined objectives and timelines. Helps with design proposals and collaborates with senior staff, executing revisions based on their feedback. They also work closely with the senior design staff and engineers to address product issues (asset creation, bugs, edge cases, etc). A Designer I adheres to best design practices and strives to deliver work on schedule. The Designer I serves as a production resource for the team, helping out where needs are, learning from the whole design team.
- Design one or more of SoundHound consumer facing products (Mobile, Software, Web, and Beyond!)
- Create memorable visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity
- Prototype and test interface designs with users, then translate findings into effective design solutions
- Clearly communicate design rationale and tradeoffs to key stakeholders
- Solidify and maintain SoundHound product and brand guidelines across products & platforms
- Assist with the design and execution of product content materials (icons, illustrations, compositing, photo retouching)
- BA/BS degree in Design or similar background or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years professional experience working on visual interface design, design systems and working within brand guidelines
- Portfolio that showcases a wide range of branded experiences (web, desktop, mobile, other)
- Strong eye for layout, typography, color, and composition
- Strong attention to detail and design consistency
- Experience working on a live product in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Zeplin).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Experience bringing visual designs to life with micro-interactions such as motion graphics, animation effects and transitions
- Practical experience with rapid prototyping
- A collaborative, "no ego" approach to design
How to apply:
- Send us your resume, portfolio and a cover letter explaining why you'd like a job at SoundHound in particular!
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.