GameChanger contributes to the life-changing impact of sports.
We believe that Sports Matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, toughness, commitment and confidence-critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures.
We also understand that without its coaches, parents and volunteers, organized youth sports simply would not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes, we thank them, and above all else, we make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
View 2 job postings at GameChanger
GameChanger is a mobile platform for amateur sports communities. Our scoring app delivers coaching insights and live fan updates for over 150,000 teams.
We're a team of 50 here at GC and hoping to be 85 by the end of the year, that's massive opportunity for both professional and personal growth. We're headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the Dick's Sporting Goods family. We strive to be a culture of transparency and collaboration; working together to solve the hard problems and constantly be growing as individuals and as a company.
Our design team is highly user-focused and deeply believes in user-centered innovation. We are passionate, working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, exponentially growing youth sports market. We work on products that enhance the youth sports experience, staying connected to our customers and working on problems that make an immediate meaningful impact.
Visual designers are the problem solvers of the design world. Rather than just bringing brands to life, they play a key role in defining what goes into a brand's unique style and voice. In addition to creating beautiful designs, they know how to explain design concepts and the decisions behind their work.
We have an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial Visual Designer to contribute to the GameChanger experience, while supporting our brand strategy. The role demands great execution, obsession with quality, optimism to solve problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and the ambition to take projects from start to finish.
- Working with our talented team of UX/UI Designers, you'll execute against GameChanger's vision in order to take our brand and products forward
- You'll evangelize our vision of enhancing the youth sports experience through your designs
- Ideate and produce design systems that can be applied across a range of channels including: web, mobile, email, print, and other branded marketing collateral
- Bring our story to life with beautiful visuals that fully convey our brand and mission
- Regularly brainstorm and ideate with the team
- Initiate and establish creative concepts that will drive engagement and conversion
- 3+ years experience at a creative agency, design firm, or startup
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field preferred
- Expert at Adobe CS, Sketch, etc.
- A Visual Designer with a passion for User Experience
- Strong understanding of composition, color, imagery and typography as it relates to marketing and design
- Organized individual: you have the capacity to manage and track projects from concept to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining high attention to detail
- You follow industry leaders, voraciously consume blogs and feeds, and have sources of inspiration at your fingertips
At GameChanger we are
- We put our customers first, always asking, "Will this enhance their youth sports experience?"
- We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate and support our customers' contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
- We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
- We embrace individual responsibility and trust each other to deliver our best effort.
- We say "no" to valuable initiatives so we can concentrate resources on our most important work.
- We respect others' time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees
- Awesome Ikea desks that will soon be traded in for contemporary furniture at our awesome new Tribeca digs
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and 520 College Savings Plan
- Opportunities for equity compensation
- Endless supply of health and not so healthy snacks and drinks
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
- Unlimited vacation policy
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.