Position: Visual / UI Designer (light UX) - Freelance (5-6 months!)
Estimated Duration: 5-6 months
Starts: within 2 weeks
Our client is one of the world's leading consulting firms and they are currently seeking a freelance Visual / UI Designer.
This Visual Designer will be working on the redesign of their current Alumni (former consultants) site. This is a highly visible global site, with an alumni network that is 32,000+ strong. The current website is outdated, not mobile responsive, and not set up to meet the needs of this growing community.
The Visual Designer will be working alongside current Lead Designer through the end of the year, and then would take over as the lead in 2018, reporting to Head of Design.
This person is responsible for providing the design expertise necessary to ensure the highest possible quality for the new alumni website, which will be about 20-30 pages.
Visual Designer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring delivery of all documentation & assets necessary (wireframes, PSDs, spec sheets, imagery, etc.)
- Working closely with the development team to ensure proper implementation of designs
- Collaborating and communicating with Alumni, Product, and production teams to ensure decision-making supports UX/UI and IA best-practices
- Managing multiple workstreams independently and efficiently; helping to develop and maintain accurate schedules and timelines for delivering products of the highest quality
- Owning production work as needed
- Detailed understanding and experience consulting on current best practices for UX/UI driven sites
- Deep understanding of user-centric design with experience in responsive design
- Able to produce wireframes; main ones have already been developed, but additional might need to be created
- Design style that is clean, modern, and tech driven
- Experience working within Agile methodology
- Able to own and manage projects and work independently
- Able to specify and initiate change to improve processes and products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly efficient, organized, meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working with Jira is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert knowledge of wireframing software (Sketch or Adobe XD preferred)
- Experience working with a CMS (SiteCore) is a plus
- Experience with CSS is a plus
This project will be onsite at their Manhattan office. However, there will probably be some flexibility to work offsite some days.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.