Position: VP, Design and Creative - Full Time
Status: Full Time
Estimated Duration: Full Time
Starts: November / December 2018
Our client is a new model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. As the VP, Design, and Creative, you will provide design leadership, strategic thinking, and inspiration across all their media properties.
WHO YOU ARE:
An entrepreneurial creative who is energized by working within a startup environment where strategic thinking, team management and hands-on design capabilities are part of your repertoire. You have an interest in new media and storytelling and enjoy collaborating across departments. You are able to lead an in-house creative team consisting of Designers, Illustrators, Video Editor, etc. as well as freelancers who provide creative services for marketing, product, video and the brand at large.
The VP, Design and Creative will report directly to the SVP, Marketing.
* Own the creative process from brief to production. Help clarify creative goals, lead promotional photo and video shoots, manage production assets and workflow. Prioritize all projects to ensure on-time delivery.
* Work with SVP of Marketing to set the creative strategy and maintain the elevated aesthetic
* Drive brand style and messaging both internally and externally
* Foster positive relationships between the creative team and other departments with a high degree of collaboration, including helping the business team develop appropriate collateral and sales marketing materials.
* Build an environment in which people are inspired to achieve creative excellence and take risks
* Develop and manage relationships with outside vendors to maintain elevated creative standards
* Manage, develop and mentor in-house and freelance creatives
* Lead creati ve ideation and brainstorming sessions.
* Build strong, supportive, and constructive relationships throughout the creative team and cross-functionally across the organization.
Background & Qualifications:
* 10 or more years of creative design experience,demonstrating strong creative and art direction skills across disciplines. Experience, preferably in entertainment, media or publishing.
* 5 or more years of experience managing creative teams, resources, and budgets
* Proven track record of partnering with editorial, product, creative, sales, and technical teams.
* Some experience working with customer-centered business goals (e.g. subscription, e-commerce or membership).
* Extensive experience with developing creative briefs and evaluating concepts / final executions
* Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills with an eye for creating engaging presentations and simple reports
* Exceptional leadership skills to produce breakthrough work in a collaborative environment
* Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines, reconcile competing interests, and streamline workflow
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.