After being featured on the cover of Inc. Magazine's 2016 "Best Workplaces" issue, Arkadium followed up in 2017 by making the "best places to work" lists of Inc., Ad Age, Crain's and Digiday. Since 2001, we've been creating engaging, revenue-generating content used by hundreds of global publishers including USA Today, tronc, Comcast, Microsoft, and CNN. Our newest product, InHabit, innovates the newsroom by delivering relevant interactive visualizations to any article instantly - enhancing editorial and boosting user-interaction, all while delivering a premium ad experience to focused and active users.
As VP of Design Services at Arkadium, you will lead a global multidisciplinary team of artists, writers, and game designers with the mandate of reinventing content. As Arkadium's internal and external champion of high-level brand thinking and customer-centricity, you will oversee and manage all areas of design from conception to execution while ensuring the efficient and timely delivery of all our products. Our ideal candidate has a passion for details, an insatiable intellectual curiosity and a desire to leave a lasting mark with their work and their words.
- Drive and own the design strategy behind Arkadium's products including interactive software, games, in-house creative and marketing assets
- With a mindful approach, provide design direction, mentorship and "coach up" members on your team and throughout the organization
- Create and speak to our design ethos both internally and externally, while ensuring all designs are aligned with brand guidelines
- Work collaboratively with leaders across our other functions, including Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering to realize the full scale and potential of design
- Organize and prioritize department workload, while managing internal and external client expectations
- Oversee quality of deliverables by facilitating feedback from stakeholders
- Stay on top of trends and share industry best practices for web and graphic design, and interactive technologies
- Minimum 10 years of client-facing design experience in a range of industries
- Deep knowledge of interactive design, with background in game design
- UX/UI knowledge and a keen sense of animation/motion graphics
- Team player with can-do spirit including great time management, attention to detail, and strategic analytical ability
- Knows that good process creates good results
- Possesses Positive Energy and Fierce Drive!
- BA/BS degree in Graphic/Visual/Communication Design or relevant experience required
Candidates MUST include a link to their portfolio to be considered.
Apply here: https://www.workable.com/j/20F2E21362
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.