TaxJaris the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce
sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce merchants spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We're passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues.
View 3 job postings at TaxJar
We have an immediate opening for an experienced,
entrepreneurial, creative, and analytical VP of Product to join our
fast-growing, remote-only team of 70+ people.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located
in the US.
As TaxJar's VP of Product you will
- Own and maintain the product vision through strong product
- Immediately be involved in crafting strategy for the product to
reach new customer segments
- Be the owner of all product initiatives, communicating through
a strategic product roadmap
- Lead and manager of a growing team of product managers, UX
designers, and tax research experts
- Be methodical in leading and evolving the organization's
product management processes
- Communicate and collaborate with all key stakeholders across
the company, improving all cross functional product management
- Make decisions through through analysis of customer and product
data that lead to improvements in Churn, Retention, Conversion,
Attachment, and NPS
- Understand customer segmentation and identify proper
differentiation across products, leading to feature and pricing
- Report to the CEO and work alongside the rest of the
- 6+ years in SaaS product leadership
- 3+ years being accountable for key business metrics as a part
of your product team's performance
- Experience delivering e-commerce products, technologies, and/or
- In-depth understanding of ecommerce landscape, and ability to
quickly learn complex tax domain
- Own product roadmaps and update these regularly with key
hypotheses and milestones.
- Technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate and
discuss technical requirements with engineers
- Able to distill complex SaaS metrics into product
- Comfortable in an agile development environment
- Experience working within a remote or distributed
- Comfortable using tools like Monday, Jira, and Basecamp to
communicate roadmaps and projects
- Critical thinking skills and is able to draw insight from
incomplete data to make final decisions
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as
You'll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable for your work
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We're
peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We're a happy teamand we all really love what we do. We've
created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe
to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar
sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best
place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup.
We're always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in
the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon
Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits.
Visitwww.TaxJar.com/jobsfor a full list of our benefits and to
learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you
know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the
person we hire.