The resolution to smooth and flawless skin is waxing. It is, in fact, one of the most effective ways of getting rid of body or face hair growth. The glamour world is coming up with better and new technologies every day and offering more advanced forms of waxing. A substantial percentage of women choose the particular procedure over, shaving or laser hair removal. Not only women but men are significantly into waxing nowadays. However, if you have sensitive skin, there are certain tips and tweaks that you can follow just to be on the safe side. Listed below are some of them.
Things to keep in mind in the pre-waxing phase
- Consult a dermatologist if you are suffering from any skin problem. Be it a minor skin problem or a major skin problem, and it is essential that you consult a doctor before you go for waxing. The products, technologies or equipment used during waxing can impose an adverse effect on your skin.
- Test your skin if it is receptive it is to waxing. This is an essential step if you are pregnant or if you are on birth control pills or even on an antibiotics course. You can simply use a skin patch test method to find out.
- Avoid having a shower at least before two hours of your waxing treatment. This is mainly because taking a shower can open the pores of your skin. Even a slight invasion can expose your skin to infection.
Things to note during the post-waxing phase
- Noticing a reddish tone and feeling slight irritation on your skin is really common. If you are able to put up with that then you can leave it that way and it will automatically go away after an hour or so. If it is irritating your skin too much, you can simply apply some cooling gel or any antiseptic lotion which is mild. It is best to avoid exposure of your skin to the sun.
- If you have to put up make-up right after your wax, it is best to use the mineral make-up products. They are completely natural and will not cause any burning sensation or harm to your skin.
- If you notice any kind of abnormalities in the skin, do not delay and immediately visit a doctor. However, all said and done, it is best to go to a professional whenever you are going for waxing it any relevant skin treatment. You can look forward to Waxing in Reading, if you plan to take an appointment anytime soon.
Make sure that you do your part of the research before choosing a waxing service. There are several types of waxing treatments available. Make sure you choose the one that best suits you.