Not currently taking on work.
- Senior Visual Designer
- Creative and multi-disciplined visual designer with experience in print, web and illustration
- Operating Platforms
- Macintosh and PC
- Software (including but not limited to)
- > Acrobat
> After Effects
> HTML / CSS
> Microsoft PowerPoint & Word
> Content Management Systems: Joomla / Currently Learning
- Skills (Including but not limited to)
- > Illustrations (traditional and digital)
> Front-end design for web and email
> Backend design for web and email using HTML and CSS
> Direct mail
> Corporate identity packages
> Production for one to four color pre-press printing
> Posters, brochures, newsletters
> Flash animation
> Managing/Mentoring/training of staff and temporary personnel
> Excellent communicator with all levels of management, employees and clients
> Proficient at installing and implementing new computer systems
> Networking, maintenance and repairs.
> Works well collaboratively and independently
- Principal Creative
- Tucson, AZ
Jul 2001 - Present
- > Interacted with each client beginning with the project’s initial concept stage and throughout its entire lifecycle including but not limited to projects such as websites, brochures, logos, posters, and more.
> Designed and implemented websites for clients such as MaddDogz Paintball Park, The American Legion, and René Heredia (Flamenco Guitarist and Dancer). Used Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat for wireframes and initial design—producing deliverables such as screen layouts; used Dreamweaver and HTML for site builds; and Adobe Flash was used for buttons and small animations on some sites (e.g., http://www.5thdistrictlegion.org/).
> Created identities and logo designs for clients such as The Denver Museum of Nature and Science and MaddDogz Paintball Park.
> Software programs used for print include Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXpress and more.
> FTP software was used to upload files to servers. In many cases, Digitaldemiurge was responsible for the purchase of hosting space and domain names on behalf of the clients. Provided long-term maintenance for many of the client sites.
- Senior Designer
- Dallas, TX
Feb 2013 - Present
- BARBRI, Inc.
- Contributing Writer
- Lakewood, OH
Oct 2012 - Present
- Unknown Ink Design
- Weekly contributor for Unknown Ink’s design blog
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Southlake, TX
Feb 2006 - Oct 2009
- Monopolize Your Marketplace
- > Held responsibility for the entire project lifecycle of all client projects. This includes all screen layouts, design, production and prepress work to printer.
> Was responsible for selecting additional designers for work overflow and quality of designers’ work before being presented to clients.
> Collaborated with the account managers and clients to execute all design projects from start to finish and to ensure client satisfaction.
> Worked on client marketing campaigns that included everything from logo design, brochures, flyers, direct mail, posters, signs, and trade show booths. Also created email newsletters for various clients using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, sliced and then built in Dreamweaver for HTML. Later they were transferred into online marketing email programs such as Constant Contact for emailing to their clients (e.g. http://tiny.cc/whmdz and http://tiny.cc/utljd).
> Used Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and QuarkXpress to create print designs for clients. Acrobat was used not only for screen layouts, but also for final work that was uploaded using ftp technology to printers for output.
> Used Flash technology to create small animated banners and ads for clients.
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Dallas, TX
May 2000 - Jun 2001
- Stick Networks
- > Ensured design usability and created illustrations for B2B presentations for clients such as HP and Compaq. Used Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash and PowerPoint (e.g. http://tiny.cc/1122l).
> Created Flash presentations that were loaded onto a mobile device that Stick Networks was developing for product demonstrations. These were presented to potential clients such as Disney Chairman and CEO, Michael Eisner (e.g., http://tiny.cc/8yele).
> Created patent illustrations for Stick Network’s products and designs.
- Contract Designer
- Denver, CO & Dallas, TX
Jan 1997 - May 2000
- Aquent, Inc.
- > Was contract designer for various clients. As a contractor, being a team player was important to ensure a seamless product. My expertise in illustration, visual design and production was frequently selected for use in client projects. Learned new skills such as Flash on my own time for long-term clients such as Michael Holigan (e.g., http://tiny.cc/dyhfv).
> QuarkXpress, Adobe and Macromedia software were used for the various projects.
- Denver, CO
Jul 1984 - Dec 1986
- The Art Institute of Colorado
- Emphasis on Advertising Design. Graduated with honors (3.65 GPA and above).
- Awards & Recognition
- Two pieces published in the Progenitor 2012 Art & Literary Magazine
Texas American Legion Press Association (TEXALPA) Dan Fallon Award
1st Place 2010
2nd Place 2009
1st Place 2008
Best American Legion Post Website in Texas ( http://post111.org/ )