For over 16 years I've been thinking (maybe even obsessing) about what people want. That's what makes working on branding, creative strategy, content development and copywriting so fun. I'm a writer by title but for me it's more about getting the customer to where he wants to be in the smartest way possible.
- ACD Copywriter, Branding Lead
- San Francisco, New York, Boston
Mar 2007 - Present
- Worked with Apple on retail and internal communications including strategy and planning. Also provided ongoing support for product launches including in-store messaging, web, email, and app pilot programs.
Wrote video scripts, DM emails and print pieces for Fidelity Investments on the Personal Investing team.
Helped FirstFuel, an energy efficiency software company, rework their website to provide clear, concise copy to their clients.
Created and developed intriguing new content for Target.com where I worked to bring fashion to life online through runway videos, documentaries, and live events.
Worked on brand strategy for Isis Parenting, then used that to craft new web copy.
Project leader and writer for Betterment.com redesign.
Wrote for Bank of America, Merryll Lynch, Oil of Olay, and Tide for Digitas.
Developed and wrote Puma blog posts.
Wrote product copy for environmentally friendly paper line New Leaf Paper.
Created iTunes Store copy and product copy for the iPhone App, JobCoach.
As project leader and web content writer, I opened channels for user-generated content for a wide variety of websites including Kashi.com on behalf of The Barbarian Group; Meraki.net and Sf.Meraki.net for Meraki Networks; Animas Insulin Pumps for Johnson & Johnson; and more.
- Lead Copywriter
Oct 2011 - Dec 2012
- EF Education First
- As the Lead Copywriter, elevated U.S. brands through creative strategy, gaining a better understanding of the customers and developing stronger voices for three products. Managed a group of writers to strengthen all areas of the brand through video, print and online marketing. Focused on creating an entirely new website/customer experience for mobile, where I worked closely with the UX designers to solve for the smartest user flow.
- Senior Copywriter
- Cupertino, CA
Jan 2005 - Mar 2007
- Apple Inc.
- Senior Writer in the Graphic Design group. Developed work in every arena including the launch of the original iPhone, iPod, Mac, and integral work for the Education group. Wrote for online, retail, package copy and more. Worked closely with both graphic designers and producers to develop creative that would make the very tough client — Steve Jobs — happy. Worked under tight timelines and thrived under the pressure.
- Boston, MA
Jun 2002 - Jul 2004
- Hill Holliday
- Copywriter for clients such as Fleet Bank, CVS, Dell, and Cognos.
- Freelance Copywriter
- Boston, MA
Dec 2001 - Jun 2002
- Copywriter for web, direct mail, and wrote some print for this online college savings program.
- The Ad Club
- Copywriting and Advertising courses
- Atlanta, GA
- The Portfolio Center
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Boston, MA
- Simmons College
- Foreign Language Studies
- University of Oslo
- Bachelor of Communications
- Tacoma, WA
- Pacific Lutheran University
- Gold Addy Award 2007
- Gold and Silver W3 Awards 2006
- Silver Belt Buckle, Chilifest 2005
- Silver Addy Award 2001
- When I'm not at work I enjoy:
- Baking, hiking, and any type of puzzle or word game.
- Things I enjoy at work besides writing copy:
- Thinking about UX and creating smart solutions. Smart co-workers.