Monika has a Master of Interior Architecture and 4+ years of experience working on retail, restaurant, hospitality, office, and high-end residential projects based in the United States and Asia.
- Master of Interior Architecture
- Los Angeles, CA
Sep 2008 - Jun 2012
- UCLA/Cal Poly Pomona Collaborative Degree Program
- Activities: ASID UCLA Chapter
- Bachelor of Arts, International Studies
- Irvine, CA
Sep 2002 - Jun 2006
- University of California, Irvine
- Triple Minor: Management, Japanese Language & Literature, Art History
Activities: Order of Omega National Honor Society, Pi Beta Phi Fraternity, UCI Women’s Rowing
- Art History / International Economics
- Cambridge, England / Florence, Italy
Jun 2005 - Aug 2005
- Pembroke College, Cambridge University
- University of California Study Abroad Program
- Santa Monica, CA
Jul 2013 - Present
- Fisher Design Company
- - Work closely with Principal to develop schematic design, design development, and construction document drawings.
- Research, prepare and present planning concepts, including image boards, conceptual boards, space plan layouts and material boards.
- Prepare working drawings, models, 3D renderings and schemes, including reviewing documents for code compliance.
- Designer/Project Manager
- El Segundo, CA
Apr 2013 - Dec 2014
- Retail Element, RE Consulting Inc./Partners By Design
- (Intern/Design Assistant, July 2010-August 2012)
- Collaborated with Creative Director on concept and design development for retail, restaurant, tenant improvement and office clients in the United States, Japan, and China.
- Produced schematic designs, space plans, rendered 3D drawings, and material boards.
- Interfaced directly with clients and participated in presentation meetings.
- Assisted Principals with project status coordination, design productions tasks and monitoring the team.
- Los Angeles
Feb 2012 - Mar 2013
- Waldo's Designs
- - Procured and purchased furnishings, artwork, and accessories for hospitality, restaurant, and high-end residential projects that include Wolfgang Puck restaurants and Four Seasons.
- Conferred with client, team members, vendors, and consultants on space planning, utilization of furnishings and equipment, and material and finish coordination.
- Estimated material requirements, costs, and schedules to present to client for approval.
- Created proposals and purchased orders for labor, equipment, furnishings, and materials.
- Produced design presentation materials.
- Manhattan Beach, CA
Jan 2012 - Jun 2012
- Theresa Fatino Design
- - Prepared presentation packages, including FFE specifications, for hospitality projects that include W Hotel Hollywood and St. Regis San Francisco.
- Assisted in management of project material selection, budget, and schedule.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Microsoft Office Suite
Speaking fluency in Japanese