As we grow up, our outlooks and insides seem to get separated. I am interested in the complexity and the sensitivity in human beings. I wonder what Truth and Reality in each one of us.
- Bachelor of Art in Art
- Tokyo, JPN
Sep 2006 - Jun 2011
- Tyler School of Art (TUJ)
- "Personifier," Solo Exhibition
- Sarika Toriumi has held her first solo exhibition, "Personifier," mainly of her drawing works, from November 11th, 2010 to November 13th, 2010 at Daikanyama Hillside Terrace in Tokyo. http://www.hillsideterrace.com/index2.html
She had 200 visitors in total.
The exhibition was mentioned in:
ELLE DECOR /event & exhibtion
- "Counter," Collaborative Exhibition
- Sarika Toriumi has held the collaborative exhibition with her cousin, トリウミヒラク(Hiraku Toriumi) from September 26th, 2010 to October 2nd, 2010 at Gallery Conceal in Tokyo. Using a small white room, she exhibited her paintings, 3-D works, and drawing together with her cousin's works as Installation art to represent the inside of their brains.
Its review can be seen in http://blog.tokyoartpaf.com/?p=157
- Live Paintings
- Sarika Toriumi has performed live paintings at several events.
+ "Shirts," Group Live Painting
Chambres D'hotes HANA, Aoyama Tokyo, Japan 2010
+ "Apple," Group Live Painting
Bar & Grill SMOKE, Gyre building, Omotesando Tokyo, Japan 2010
+ Solo Live Painting, Chips
Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse Yokohama, Japan 2010
+ Solo Live Painting, Fruits Party
Enoshima Beach House Shonan, Japan 2010
+ Cerca Trova, Group Live Painting Show
bar&dining SMOKE, Gyre building, Omotesando Tokyo, Japan 2010
- 2010 Paris, France.
2009 Bruxelle/ Antwarp, Belgium. Paris/ Nancy, France. Venice, Italy.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2008 Honolulu, Hawaii. Hong Kong.
2006 Montreal/ Quebec/ Vancouver, Canada
2006-2004 Victoria, Canada: Study Abroad for two years
2004- Milano/ Rome, Italy. Las Vegas/Hawaii, The United States.
Cairns, Australia etc.