Director of Creative Services
– Creative direction, management, budgeting and planning for all visual aspects of Bell Sports brands and licenses.
– Design of packaging, trade advertising, catalogs, collateral, product graphics, consumer promotions, point-of-sale, trade show and digital media.
– Industrial Design: Concept and direction for mass market and licensed accessories.
– Digital Photography Unit: Product photography for all brands in all channels.
– Other: Marketing planning and strategy (coauthor of the Annual Product Planning Calendar, defining marketing, creative and product development activity).
– Initiated a two-year brand rebuilding project to tie in with the company’s 50th anniversary, including reintroducing the company to its heritage, a DVD documentary, print, premium and PR projects. The result had a strong ROI, with an increase in brand recognition, and a repositioning in the minds of consumers.
– Formulated a three-year packaging redesign plan for 650 SKUs and managed quality and consistency with over 30 vendors worldwide.
– Created consistency of logo usage (eliminating 19 variations), created a style guide and managed compliance.
– Pioneered several PoP projects to help the consumer shop complicated, technical, safety-related categories.
– Management and training of creative team, implementation of operational systems, and traffic management systems, style guides, packaging material definitions, vendor release documents, and operations manual.
– Built strong working relationships and communication processes with marketing groups, as well as off-site Operations, Sales, and Asian Development Office; international and US vendors and agencies.