We're on the hunt for outstanding Art Director candidates to join our rapidly growing content marketing agency.
Who's the ideal candidate?
You're the one who sees art in the everyday and knows how to harness it to tell great stories. You're more than a little technically advanced, but you learned all those programs to serve your artistic ambitions (which, by the way, are brilliant). Experience? Sure you've got plenty because you've excelled at a kick-ass agency, website or magazine for at least 5-7 years. You start at 'yes' and only arrive at 'no' when all the options are exhausted. Of course, you play really well with others and feel super comfortable in front of a client. The stuff you're interested in is beautiful, fun, unusual and sometimes scary.
Who is Golden State?
Golden State is a leading media company and content studio organized around the ideas, industries and lifestyles of California. That's a big idea because California is more than simply a place. It's the world's 6th largest economy, a bellwether of global trends and home to the most influential lifestyles on the planet.
We own a network of multi-channel media brands that celebrate the true California experience with high-quality digital video, long-form editorial, shareable social content and lifestyle print. We distribute across the ever-growing spectrum of platforms where content can be found.
Our branded content studio, Moon Tide, helps regional and national brands tell their stories beyond the Golden State network. Using editorial quality content and laser-targeted distribution across all platforms, we create, manage and measure programs and campaigns that deliver demonstrable value to our partners.
What's an Art Director at Golden State?
Our Art Directors understand that effective visual story telling is the key to helping our content marketing clients achieve their objectives. More than simply making design sing, there's an underlying grasp of those objectives that helps inform The Big Idea. Our Art Directors are brilliant in the conceptual phase and really shoot out of the blocks when it's time for implementation. They work directly with our Brand Publishers, partners and clients to ensure that we're fully capturing the essence of a brand. Then, they're translating that understanding seamlessly into whichever medium makes the most sense.
Among other things, our Art Directors are responsible for:
- Deeply understanding our partners' businesses including, very specifically, the objectives, challenges and/or opportunities that have led them to engage us.
- Working with our Brand Publishers and Executive Team to develop creative concepts that help win business.
- Displaying design brilliance with both the audience and the brand in mind.
- Really knowing the most awesome social platforms and how they can best be utilized for our client's benefit.
- Working collaboratively with a great team and leading by example.
- Constantly pushing the envelope in terms of design, implementation, platform and integration.
Got What it Takes?
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver+ Page layout experience+ Web graphic formats, image optimization+ Design-for-web requirements+ Design-for-print requirements
- Social Media fluency+ Positive attitude and team player+ Ability to meet tight deadlines for multiple projects+ Self-starter with meticulous attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree (design / interactive) with 5-7 years directly related experience at a content media agency
- U.S. citizen or legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Sponsorship is not offered
- Currently live in the Los Angeles area or relocation already in progress. Relocation reimbursement is not provided, nor are interview expenses if you're currently not in the L.A. area. Sorry.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Time
- Pleasant, collaborative working environment with a friendly and warm staff
Want to Apply?
please visit https://goldenstate.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3 or link through via our website https://goldenstate.is/company/
To Apply visit https://goldenstate.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3 or link through via our website https://goldenstate.is/company/
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.