Money Map Press is looking for a passionate, creative, and highly motivated Art Director to join our team in downtown Baltimore. He/she will be responsible for providing high quality designs, thought leadership, and coaching junior members of the team on everything from design, to best practices, to general HTML/CSS coding. The Art Director will be responsible for spearheading a variety of different projects including the creation of promotional video graphics, website and landing page layouts, newsletter designs, and rebranding projects. He/she will be a senior member of the Design team, working directly with the Design and Media teams as well as our writers, publishers and management, and will report directly to the Design Director.
Primary Job Requirements
- Design marketing materials from initial concept to end production, including promotional materials, layouts, newsletters, graphics, and rebranded content.
- Design desktop and mobile interfaces.
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with peers and clients; participate in working sessions and critiques.
- Ability to switch easily between different projects, & flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results.
- Assist in mentoring a team of graphic designers.
- Drive design projects with the team.
- Ability to develop and present conceptual ideas.
- Ability to accept and deliver feedback.
- Contribute to creative team's culture and creative product quality standards.
Top Three Skills
- 7+ years of design experience with at least 2+ years in a leadership role (high caliber portfolio work is a must).
- Proven experience providing thought leadership to a team and coaching junior team members.
- Ability to devise creative solutions while still maintaining brand standards.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional visual style and understanding of typography, composition, layout, color, image formats, and interactivity impact design.
- Previous experience in a senior level creative role.
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat) and Microsoft Office.
- Mac proficient.
- Excellent desktop publishing skills.
- Knowledge of digital printing processes.
- Exceptional skills in designing for web.
- Intermediate understanding of HTML5, CSS, CSS3.
- Ability to work as a part of a fast-paced team.
- High level of attention to detail.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Multimedia, Fine Arts, Advertising or a related discipline.
- 7+ years of design experience in a professional environment with at least 2+ years in a leadership role.
About Money Map Press
Money Map Press, led by veteran publisher Mike Ward, has one goal: to make investing profitable. Our subscribers get access to a team of investment experts with more than 250 years of combined experience who deliver analysis and actionable investing ideas to put subscribers on a path to greater wealth. The global economy is rapidly expanding, creating an astounding number of new opportunities for investors and rendering old wealth strategies obsolete.
Today you have a choice: Get ahead of the crowd, or fall behind - for good. Money Map Press gives you access to a team of investment experts - with more than 250 years of combined experience - who work to uncover these global trends well before the mainstream media even takes notice. Our readers have profited - before Wall Street even had a clue - from an extraordinary number of breakthroughs, including:
An energy company that built the world's first pipeline to transport biodiesel An emerging tech giant that provides data "hubs" for the new Internet Smart Grid, a $100-billion-dollar market A new medical miracle drug that could wipe out cancer
To learn more, check out our company websites below. And if you think you may belong at Money Map Press and could benefit from a deeper look inside of our office, be sure to check out our Workplace Highlight on WestWord. Read it here.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.