Lambda Legal seeks a visionary, creative and collaborative Art Director to design compelling printed materials and digital/social assets that illustrate the impact and importance of Lambda Legal's work.
Lambda Legal is the U.S.'s leading legal defense organization for LGBT people and people living with HIV. It works for civil rights and social justice through impact litigation, education and public policy work. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal operates regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas and Washington, D.C.
The Art Director will report to the Content and Editorial Director and work with the editorial, digital and development (fundraising) teams. The Art Director will push and elevate Lambda Legal's publications and graphics visually while keeping an eye to brand coherence and distinctiveness.
Responsibilities include designing Lambda Legal's print materials, such as its Impact magazine; annual report; educational materials; social media graphics; advertising; fundraising collateral, such as event invitations, digital promotion/ads and brand collateral/displays/handouts; and merchandise like calendars and T-shirts as well as displays and merchandise related to Pride.
The position is based in New York.
Qualifications: The Art Director must have a proven ability to produce visually compelling work in print and digital. The Art Director must possess the following:
- A combination of strategic, conceptual and art direction skills.
- 5+ years of print and social media design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Exceptional design aesthetic and solid typography skills.
- Solid experience creating web graphics, icons, style sheets, color schemes, templates and layouts for use in print, digital and social, ensuring site-wide color and typeface standards and consistency.
- Experience in all aspects of the creative process from concept development through preparing the final design deliverable.
- Knowledge of current trends in design, typography, illustration, photography and color.
- Basic understanding of technologies and software associated with web (social media, CMS).
- All of the following are pluses: ability to manage other designers; self-starter with a great attitude; ability to move high volumes of work while practicing strong time management and prioritization skills; familiarity with Convio, Adobe Animate (or a quick study).
- A commitment to the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience within the guidelines of Lambda Legal's scale. The position comes with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as generous vacation and employer contribution to retirement account.
Application: The position is open until filled. Please send a resume and cover letter to Angelo Ragaza at email@example.com with "Art Director" in the subject line of your email. Please also include a link to your portfolio. No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, may be unable to notify applicants of the status of applications until the selection process is complete.
Lambda Legal is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-nonconforming people, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, and people living with disabilities, including HIV, are encouraged to apply.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.