Title: Assistant Product Development Manager
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Senior Product Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Product Development Manager (APDM), in conjunction with the Product Development (PD) team, will facilitate the planning and execution of Design Partner lines from conception to final product.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Brings manufactural designs to fruition through collaborative and communicative approach with Design Partners
- Ensure that sample data tools are provided to manufacturing facilities in a timely fashion; Proactive communication with factories to ensure deadlines are being met
- Work in partnership with manufacturing facilities and Quality team to execute samples and prototypes that realize the design's intent
- Maintain a consistent sample flow throughout the year
- Participate in assortment planning for new market introductions
- Analyze Design Partner lines for concept and assortment growth opportunities
- Systematize item master data for products at all stages of the product development life cycle
- Obtain marketplace and trend data and collate into actionable items
- Semi-annually, travel to High Point, NC for High Point Market
- Partner with Marketing department to ensure photography and marketing materials depict product features
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background and familiarity with product development lifecycle
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and familiarity with other Microsoft Office applications
- Applies design principles to generate creative solutions and concepts
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables with limited standardization
- Must be able to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks while managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information, written and verbal, to provide meaningful response from top management, peers, and partners
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving aptitude; meeting challenges with resourcefulness and innovation
- Employs business acumen and strategic thinking to efficiently obtain results
- Self-starter; proactive and motivated with demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles to achieve goals
- Utilizes sound judgment, professionalism, and malleability to meet evolving deadlines and deliverables
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration across multiple end-user channels, including partners and peers
- Inspires the trust of others and works with integrity and respect
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The Assistant Product Development Manager role operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or exert force, up to 10 pounds. The visual acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, focus and color. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; core work days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, with some overtime anticipated.
Ability to travel domestic in April and October for an average of 10 days to provide market support is a requirement of this role.
Supervisory responsibilities do not exist for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.