CFR Digital is looking for a Data Visualization Designer to provide project support for various story-telling needs across the digital organization. Reporting directly to the Deputy Director, Design the Data Visualization Designer will be collaborating and working alongside the think tank, editorial, product and technology to create various design solutions.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
View 3 job postings at Council on Foreign Relations
- Designing maps, infographics and other graphics, both flat & interactive for editorial and think tank initiatives
- Creating and maintaining graphics style guide in conjunction with the broader CFR style guide
- Working collaboratively with the design, development, writers, and scholars
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and seeking ways to apply new principles
- 2-3 years of related data viz experience, working on cross-functional teams
- Portfolio demonstrating various types of data viz solutions & your process
- Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices as they apply to visualizing data
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines
- Interest in current events and foreign policy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in visual design, human interaction or related field
- Experience designing for online news and information or other content-rich sites a plus
To be considered, please include a link to an online portfolio.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.