Ready Set Rocket is looking for a dynamic, experienced, digital Art Director to join our creative team.
Our Art Directors are a driving force behind our creative work and have a hands-on role in every phase of a project-from contributing to creative strategy and defining a creative vision, to executing and presenting work, consulting with clients and working with designers and other creative team members to see a vision through to launch.
Our art directors & designers are given a high level of responsibility to contribute to the overall end product, so those who are self-driven and confident have a great opportunity to thrive and quickly expand their role within the team.
Reporting to a Creative Director, Art Directors will find themselves on any given day working on an immersive microsite, major website redesign, a killer sports app, brand strategy, content art direction, or a 360 or social campaign. This position offers a ton of opportunity for personal growth and high-level work across a variety of top-notch clients in spirits, finance, sports, entertainment, cultural institutes and more while working with a brilliant, close-knit team in a fast, highly-collaborative (and highly dog-friendly) environment.
To take on these challenges, we're looking for a curious, flexible hybrid creative who knows how to translate strategy into compelling big ideas and award-worthy execution. Somebody who knows how to have fun while taking responsibility to deliver consistently high-level work. Who knows that good ideas come from everywhere. And who knows that the best work comes from a team, not individuals.
- Starting from a strategic brief, create stunning conceptual designs that define a creative vision for the project
- Working with other designers to guide projects from vision to execution to launch
- Establish the visual design for a given project and assist with maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of the project, including leading the design QA, in-browser collaboration with the development team or revision process with other team members
- Designing various digital assets including responsive layouts, custom infographics, experiential and informational sites, native applications, and paid media campaigns
- Designing storyboards and set vision for motion projects
- Contributing to pitch opportunities with big ideas and a storytelling approach to presentations
- Working with people across disciplines, including developers, writers, photographers, animators, strategists, marketers and account managers
- Staying on top of creative and industry trends to always bring fresh ideas to the table
- Leading creative-focused meetings with clients as needed by the Creative Director
- Support the visual creation of internal Ready Set Rocket assets for all presentations, decks, collateral and website assets
- A drive to create award-worthy design work across a variety of clients and digital channels
- An insatiable sense of curiosity, open mind, and sense of humor
- An impeccable eye for typography and attention to detail
- A great attitude and love of collaboration to solve creative problems
- The ability to articulate concepts and communicate effectively, both with teammates and clients
- A strong body of work in both interactive and conceptual design, with an emphasis on responsive web, digital products, and social media
- A desire to grow and mentor younger designers in their growth as well
- Interest in or experience planning and setting direction for photo or video shoots
- Mastery of core Adobe Creative Suite products and an interest in learning new software tools
- Experience with Sketch, Principle and Zeplin - a plus
- A solid understanding of how design comps translate to responsive web and code, and general limitations of internet technologies
- 5+ years working in the industry
- 2+ years of agency experience
- Previous experience in a Senior Designer or Art Director role
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.