Brick & Wonder is a tech startup, incubated within Lang
Architecture Studio in NYC. Within the ecosystem of the design
studio and startup, we are building a marketplace-community for
professionals in the real estate and design industry. Our mission
is to elevate the power of collaboration in Real Estate &
The Brick & Wonder community is comprised of architects,
fabricators, digital creatives, editors, photographers, lawyers,
brokers, real estate developers, investors and more. Brick &
Wonder's primary revenue source is tiered subscriptions for
professionals and clients. Secondary revenue will be based on
We are looking for a talented Brand & Product Designer to
help turn our mission from vision to reality, working through the
lifecycle of product building, from disruptive, big ideas to
detailed iterations on micro-interactions. The ideal candidate will
be hungry to join a high-growth, design-led startup and help us
build an empowering place for designers to work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The role will be highly varied, overseeing the design needs of
the architecture studio, whilst focusing significantly on the Brick
& Wonder community platform.
- As a key member of the Brick & Wonder Product team, you
will own critical, holistic product improvement projects, driving
them end to end, from strategy to finessed execution.
- You will collaborate extensively with our growing team,
leveling up our design-to-build workflow
- You'll work through design problems from beginning to end:
translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new
products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed
interactions to realize them.
- You'll sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability,
and design the fine grained details of interactions
- As well as designing the digital Product, the designer will
deliver creative work that extends the Brick & Wonder and Lang
Studio brands online and offline, visually and experientially.
- You have experience designing digital products and systems, not
just websites. You've shipped complex products.
- You have a passion for the entire product development process,
from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design, and
you're keen to help us build a robust, flexible internal process
that can iterate quickly.
- You have mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You can quickly create prototypes for design iterations using
Sketch, InVision, Figma, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- You can deliver beautiful, high-fidelity designs using Sketch,
transferring them to Zeplin for build
- You're an excellent communicator of design work and your
rationale behind proposals and detailed design decisions
- You're an excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate
with your product team and with engineers
- You can own the success or failure of design work and initiate
design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- You can iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- You can engage in robust debate about design and strategy,
whilst acknowledging that collaboration and teamwork come first and
that shipping great work quickly is essential.
- You are comfortable with writing about, presenting, and sharing
learnings, both internally and with the wider world via our blog,
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines problems you
have tackled in your design work. It should touch on the process
you applied to meeting the challenges, rather than focusing on
visuals and landing pages you created. Your portfolio should be
well-structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on
designing software products.
Interested candidates should email a portfolio
of work or CV (pdf format, less than 5Mb) and cover letter to:
Brick & Wonder is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or
family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran
status, or any other legally protected status.