Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media is searching for a Video Product Designer. Our users seek the shows they are passionate about on any device, wherever they are. Our Video Product Development team enables rich, engaging video experiences for Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, DIY Network and Cooking Channel TV - reaching millions of TV fans every month, across multiple platforms.
As the Video Product DesignerYou are able to combine the best of your UX and Visual Design skills to create branded experiences that are intuitive, beautiful, and habit forming.
To succeed, you must effectively draw from your understanding of streaming and on-demand video technologies and design best practices. You will create interfaces optimized for a wide range of screens and interaction paradigms - from phones and tablets, mobile apps and web, to television. And as a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will be collaborating with others to make a positive impact in an always-evolving product landscape.
You will be responsible for:
- Tackling complex video user experience problems across multiple platforms for multiple brands, under the guidance of the design lead
- Creating experience maps, design comps, animations, clickable prototypes, and style guides
- Creating specs and graphics for distribution that accurately reflect multiple screen resolutions and form factors
- Collaborating, and sharing work frequently with cross-functional teams located in various geographic locations
- Clearly explaining design decisions to a non-design audience
- Maintaining a set of UX and visual patterns that are shareable and reusable
- Helping identify opportunities for data to facilitate design decisions
You must be:
- A systematic thinker who pays attention to the smallest details without losing sight of the whole picture
- A self-directed, proactive problem solver
- A confident communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
- Genuinely interested in streaming media technologies and best practices
- Fast and reliable in the face of very tight deadlines
- Degree in digital design, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a digital product designer, or similar
- A case-study portfolio of outstanding UX and UI work, with emphasis on designs that shipped to market
Bonus: 1+ year of experience with streaming media technologies
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.