Digital Production and Engagement Officer
Mdecins Sans Frontires (MSF)
European Capital with MSF office; or New York
Mdecins Sans Frontires (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF's 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
Mdecins Sans Frontires set up the MSF Access Campaign (AC) in 1999 to address systemic challenges and improve access to existing medical tools (medicines, diagnostics and vaccines) and to stimulate the development of urgently needed better tools for people in countries where MSF works and beyond. The priorities of the Access Campaign are guided by the medical challenges faced by MSF and its patients in its operational settings. The primary objectives of the Access Campaign include identifying, analyzing and advocating for changes around the legal and regulatory systems and practices that hinder access to medical tools and innovation suitable for people in need especially in resource limited settings.
This position will develop and implement online communication activities in support of the Access Campaign's advocacy and campaigning goals, focusing on identified priority topics. The Digital Production Officer will work to create and deliver engaging digital communications and campaigning materials to mobilise online and offline support for the AC's advocacy objectives.
Place in the Organization:
This position reports to the Digital Communications Manager of the Access Campaign. This position will collaborate closely with other Access Campaign and MSF communications staff. This position will also have extensive contact with members of the other Access Campaign functional teams, including medical, pharmaceutical, policy, and advocacy teams.
Objectives of the Position:
This position will work to develop and implement digital engagement activities, including developing digital materials and content, setting engagement strategies, and executing both online and offline campaigning actions in support of AC advocacy objectives.
Working closely with the rest of the communications team and the dossier teams, this position will contribute to and oversee a range of online communication activities, including:
- Online communication strategy: develop and implement an online communications strategy to build awareness and generate public support campaign and advocacy objectives
- Multimedia content creation: propose and create infographics, visuals, videos, animations, Facebook posts, tweets, articles and other innovative social media and web content to boost online presence and engagement. In conjunction with the AC communication team and relevant staff, develop, implement and create guidelines as needed to ensure appropriate visual identity of AC campaigns
- Online community engagement: identify relevant online communities, develop and implement engagement strategies with the aim of mobilizing additional support for AC campaigns
- Events: develop and execute online and live events to generate engagement in AC campaigns
- Digital tools and platforms: implement and manage online campaigning platforms, tools and technologies, with Communications Adviser, Advocacy Campaigns, and external vendors
- Online monitoring: monitor social media for issues related to AC campaigns and propose ways to respond as opportune and/or necessary
- Analytics: using Google Analytics, and other measurement tools, to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Email and digital marketing: writing email and digital content, and developing and implementing digital and email outreach/marketing strategies to reach and grow target audiences
- Dissemination: Help prepare and disseminate communication packages to the MSF communications network, including compiling and finalising relevant materials and including internal channels to reach MSF staff and association members
- Internal engagement: Continually engage with relevant communication officers in MSF country offices to ensure suitability of communications and campaigning materials, encourage uptake of campaign actions in key MSF sections/countries, including supporting local adaptation of content
- External engagement: Liaise with external campaigning partners as needed, including facilitating coordination of campaign planning and scheduling, review and approval of jointly produced materials, and ensuring adherence to MSF digital standards and guidelines.
- 3+ years' experience conceiving and creating innovative, engaging digital content for web and social media with proven results, including experience with script writing and video editing and production, design of graphics and infographics for web and social media, and writing and editing social media and web content
- 3+ years' experience administering social media accounts and content management systems
- 1-2 years' demonstrable experience in developing and delivering campaigns with specific calls to action based on concrete advocacy objectives
- Email and digital marketing, social media livestreaming and multimedia or web-based interactive production experience an asset
- Proficiency in English to mother-tongue standard; impeccable writing, editing and proofreading skills; other languages an asset, particularly French and/ or Spanish
- Demonstrated track record of building, engaging with and managing online communities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management experience with the ability to manage and complete projects on time and on budget an asset
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking and problem-solving in fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to work well as part of a small, geographically dispersed team
- Ability to work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting and maintain successful, often long-distance, working relationships
- Flexibility, with a strong capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in the fields of health, medicine, or the pharmaceutical industry an asset
- Genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a portfolio with links to samples of their online communications and campaigning work, accompanied by a short summary of results achieved to: https://msf.recruitee.com/o/digital-production-and-engagement-officer
APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENTIALITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2018
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.