Plated is the meal kit for people who love food-and we're passionate about crafting delightful, engaging, and easy-to-use experiences that help people transform dinnertime. We're searching for an experienced Director of Product Design to shape our product design strategy, drive innovation, and develop creative solutions to big problems. As the leader of the Product Design team, you'll guide designers in building elegant interactions driven by hard data and in-depth customer research.
What you'll do with us:
- Lead Plated's digital end-to-end user experience, delivering on target acquisition and retention KPIs (e.g., CAC, acquisition margins, retention rates) through data- and customer research-driven design strategies.
- Manage and develop the Product Design team-guiding hiring decisions, mentoring individual designers, setting goals, and disseminating top-level business goals that directly affect the team.
- Report to and support the VP, Product Management and User Experience.
- Engage with our SLT on a regular basis to align business goals and initiatives with feature development.
- Design systems that monitor and measure the customer experience, business outcomes, and financial impacts.
- Define, establish, and iterate on scalable processes that ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and transparency.
- Collaborate with Creative team to develop and implement a product design vision that's aligned with Plated's brand.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to drive value and evangelize data-driven product design-thinking across the company.
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years product design experience, especially in creating customer-centric, cross-platform experiences and interaction
- 3+ years experience building and leading iterative product-development design teams
- Exceptional user interaction design, visual design, and information architecture skills
- Deep knowledge of customer research techniques, including personas, user stories, user journey maps, customer interviews, and surveys
- Excellent problem-solving and relationship-building skills.
- Experience working within agile development processes.
- Experience partnering with product managers, engineers, and senior stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience with environmental and experiential design.
- Experience with in store display (both static and rich media.)
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we've built together-and we're looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation package.
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities
Please apply online using this link:- https://www.plated.com/careers?gh_jid=986487
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.