Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
We're looking for a creative email campaign manager to run operations for our email marketing program. Help us engage with the nearly 1.4 million developers and designers who use our platform to push the limits of location and digital mapping. As our Email Marketing Manager, you'll own the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email marketing programs that drive adoption and generate leads. This includes ownership of the setup, maintenance, and review of recurring and triggered email communications.
What You'll Do
- Own all aspects of email production and delivery
- Manage and build overall email marketing strategy
- Create multiple email lists and campaigns
- Create, design, and test various CTAs and email templates
- Manage both nurture and on-demand / conversion campaigns
- QA test content, sweating the details
- Creating HTML & CSS templates for Marketo
- Test content relentlessly, analyze results, and suggest improvements
- Monitor deliverability, ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
- Stay abreast of and recommend email marketing best practices with coding, design, and testing of email campaigns
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for processes, A/B tests, MVT tests, and best practices
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Punchy writer who understands audience, engaging content, and how to deliver it.
- Ability to come up with lots of ideas and a hunger to throw them against the wall.
- Experience creating emails, nurture campaigns, forms, landing pages, templates, campaigns and reporting
- Familiarity and comfort with Marketo
- History of running email campaigns for B2B companies or other SaaS companies
- Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation
- Creative, clear communication and writing style
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficient with using marketing automation technology
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Grasp of CAN-SPAM and GDPR compliance
- Bonus: experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Bonus: experience with Customer.io and Google Analytics
- Bonus: experience with digital ads, SEO optimization, and social media
What We Value
In addition toour core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity