Laissez Faire, a division of Agora Financial and part of The Agora Companies, is seeking a highly motivated marketer to manage their email media and digital buying program, and own this marketing channel in an explosive time of growth for their company.
The Laissez Faire marketing team is in a unique position within their organization. They have large marketing budgets and an opportunity to drive massive growth and make a direct impact on the bottom line of the business. Their marketing team is a motivated, results-driven bunch who wake up every morning hungry to find ways to improve their marketing and make an impact on the business.
This position is not for everybody, if your goal is to simply 'punch the clock' please do not apply for this role. If the thought of driving real, measurable results does not get you excited, please do not apply for this job. If you want to watch YouTube videos or chat with your friends on Facebook while at work, please do not apply for this job.
If you are up for a challenge, however, are a hard worker, and enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this job may be for you.
Candidates must be organized, driven, and eager to learn and make an impact on the business. They should also demonstrate a high level of organization, a willingness to constantly learn, and collaborate with co-workers.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in taking the next step in their marketing career. The sky's the limit for the right person as a marketer in their organization. You just need to be willing to show you will work for it
The primary responsibility of the Email Media Buyer will be to develop strategy, plan, buy, track and optimize digital ad buys across all email ad spots and other online media.
Duties include researching opportunities, managing third-party relationships, coordinating internally with fellow media buyers, product managers, and analyzing data. The ideal candidate will have experience with online advertising and be comfortable with managing relationships with vendors. Candidates should also have a solid understanding of campaign costs, measuring results, and a drive to optimize to meet campaign objectives and goals.
- Plan, negotiate, execute, and optimize all email media buys.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with publishers, media partners, and email list brokers.
- Work with existing vendors to deepen those relationships.
- Research and find new opportunities and partnerships.
- Manage the operational/creative campaign setup and approval workflow.
- Analyze data to ensure campaigns are meeting allowable CPA and ROI benchmarks.
- Develop and Implement tests, and leverage results to provide creative direction for creative used on other marketing channels.
- Run monthly reports for accounting/invoicing.
- Manage payment of all vendors.
- Provide creative direction and testing ideas for email, insert, banners and landing pages.
- 2+ years experience in a media buying or marketing role.
- General understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Familiarity with email marketing.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel, and analyzing data.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems without persistent guidance from supervisor.
- Willingness to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently is a must!
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions and use sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and desire to understand and discuss new technical concepts.
- Comfortable analyzing and making decisions based on campaign performance data.
- Most importantly: The unrelenting desire to acquire new customers and meet aggressive KPIs.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic and alternative health ideas to help everyday folks live a more independent, healthy and wealthy life. They publish these ideas through print and online publications.
Agora Financial is all about "fat-tail" ideas.
Everyone on the team needs to be OK with continuous testing. Which means they also need to be OK with failing. At AF, failing = learning. And the minute you stop taking chances, shaking things up, and exploring new ideas is the minute you fall behind.
They believe in putting in the hard work, and pushing one another. They believe that personal growth and development of individuals is only a small piece of the pie. And that the real wins are higher quality products for subscribers, and success for the team at large.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.