Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
To work in cooperation with designers and merchandisers to provide color, material and innovation direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Take 2D line art and apply color and materials that are appropriate to assigned division
- Identify fashion forward materials that could be incorporated in the design
- Anticipate needs within the line
- Research, recognize current and emerging trends
- Implement innovations in color and materials to product
- Communicate with overseas office via email on projects
- Plan and develop projects within different price points
- Acquire a good understanding of what is acceptable regarding color and materials for in-line colorways
- Computerize color-ups, details and textures
- Develop materials, research and apply own material and color choices
- Make detail revisions to adopted colorways
- Ability to travel internationally multiple times a year
- Ability to travel to trade shows and conferences
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to seek out emerging trends in color and materials
- Must have an understanding of material and component costing
- Knowledgeable about footwear materials and finishes
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Keen eye and attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Proficient in both Illustrator and Photoshop
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have 3-5 years of design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or related
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.