Join an amazing team. Do amazing work.
Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) is seeking a full-time in-house Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team in Washington DC. As a collaborative team player, the Graphic Designer will create print materials, e-newsletters, website landing pages, creative deliverables for social media and other items as needed to support RIF's strategic priorities including building brand awareness, audience engagement, fundraising, and partnerships. The ideal candidate can manage and prioritize multiple projects at once, take ownership over design projects, and be flexible with assignments. Strong skills with design layout, pre-printing set up, web page and email blast management are key.
Familiarity with HTML & CSS (Web and Email) is a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create visual concepts that match the content and the brand
- Understand and apply style guide requirements
- Create/layout for landing pages, e-blasts, banners, social media deliverables, campaign specific pages and special projects
- Maintain and supply all current creative assets to partners and RIF distribution sites
- Design layouts for print collateral including high-end reports, board presentations, briefs, impact reports, white papers, infographics, etc.
- Build, package and preflight print ready design mechanicals
- Work seamlessly with third party print production and digital support vendors
- Perform maintenance and updates to existing designs
- Synthesize feedback from multiple sources and apply rapidly to mockups
- Drive creative projects from start to finish, collaborating with Marketing, Development and other teams throughout the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of products, target audiences and competitors' activities
- Work with partners to ensure all appropriate language and copyrights are applied to print and digital materials
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud programs
- Deep knowledge of and ability to design in PowerPoint
- Meticulous with layout
- Ability to multitask, working on several creative requests at once, sometimes under pressure, and often with tight deadlines
- Keep up to date with popular culture and market trends (both print and digital)
- Must include a link to your portfolio or examples of recent projects
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Fine Arts, Design or a related discipline required
- 5+ years professional experience at an agency or similar
- Experience with both print output and web design
- Excellent written, verbal and proofreading skills
- Capacity to work in an environment that depends heavily on teamwork
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirement. We will only consider applicants that include these requirements.
For further information on RIF, please visit: www.rif.org.
Phone calls and emails regarding this opportunity are not accepted.
RIF is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.