Pip's Island is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our creative team. You will work on the conception and execution of various print, digital, social marketing and environmental design projects.
This is a great opportunity to work with an innovative, growing company and build your portfolio with diverse quality work.
- Design and execute a wide range of materials such as ads, email and social media marketing campaigns, event signage/collaterals, pitch presentations, press kits and more, while remaining true to the brand's identity standards.
- Assist in the layout design of the upcoming Pip's Island books (middle grade fiction)
- Conceptualize with and take direction from our Creative Director to push forward and expedite projects
- Work closely with our Social Media Manager to conceive and design social media posts (graphics, gifs, videos)
- Communicate to leadership the status of various ongoing projects.
- 4+ years of design experience
- Portfolio that showcases excellent work
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Sketch, MailChimp.
- Motion graphic and video/animation experience is preferred
- Background in design and execution of book interiors is a plus
- Strong conceptual ability, along with expert design and layout skill
- Solid understanding of typographic principles and grid use
- Experience with environmental graphics
- Comfortable with both print and signage production
- Comfortable following up with vendors, print shops, outside agencies, and development team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
To apply, please submit:
- Portfolio and/or link to your website
- Resume in PDF format
- Cover letter
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.