Manufacturing App Platform, is empowering the world's leading
manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the
quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations.
Born out of the MIT Media Lab to bring better interfaces to
frontline workers in manufacturing, excellent design is in our DNA.
With Tulip's no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those
closest to operations to digitally transform their shop floors and
gain real-time visibility into the people, machines, and processes
involved in production--all in a matter of days. Manufacturers of
all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics,
aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel,
medical devices, and more, have implemented Tulip's intuitive
platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in
manufacturing: digitizing paper-based processes, integrating
industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines,
and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
The company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in
the UK and Germany. It has been recognized as a Forbes IoT Startup
to Watch, Gartner Cool Vendor, IDC Innovator, Frost and Sullivan
Entrepreneurial Company of the year, and a World Economic Forum
The role is a huge opportunity to continue growing our
world-class design team and set the design vision across all our
products - from the no-code app builder to our analytics engine,
all the way to our IoT hardware. You'll be working closely with our
product managers and engineering teams to build a category-defining
product that brings consumer-grade experiences to enterprise
customers and is disrupting the way manufacturing works. If you are
up for the challenge, we want to hear from you.
- You are an exceptional designer who wants to lead and grow our
talented design team.
- You are passionate about the potential of digital-physical
systems to augment people and bringing human-centric design to an
industry that has lagged behind
- You want to redefine the way an entire industry works
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of industry experience as a product designer with
experience creating design systems and leading design for
large-scale software projects
- Passion for effective mentoring and coaching; you
love to help others grow!
- Experience leading and managing operations of a design team
(e.g. critiques, team processes, etc.)
- Strong in strategic thinking and communication. You can
leverage storytelling to craft clear narratives of where projects
could go and help influence teams.
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with product, engineering,
and other stakeholders throughout the product development
- Growth mindset. You like taking risks, improving yourself, and
- Expert proficiency in Figma, Storybook, and other design
- Web development skills (HTML/CSS/JS) and hands-on skills are a
- Previous experience leading a team a plus, but not a
- Lead. Coach and mentor a team of exceptional
designers and help them grow to the next level by providing design
feedback and developing the strategic skills to weigh tradeoffs
between business, technical, competitive, and customer
- Design. Set the design vision and strategy for
our platform. Own the Tulip design system, develop Tulip's design
standards and vision, ensuring the team delivers cutting edge
UX/UI, user flows, user journeys, taxonomies/folksonomies,
wireframes, prototypes, detailed mockups.
- Inspire: Cultivate a conducive environment for
great design by helping with team processes like user research,
critiques, etc, for all necessary deliverables.
Foster a great design culture within the design team and across the
- Operations: Work with product managers and
engineering to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key
results for the design team. Understand the design needs of
large-scale software and hardware projects and break them down into
bite-sized job stories. Ensure the team and projects are well
planned, scoped, and organized to ensure their timely delivery..
- Collaboration. Identify opportunities to
improve how we all work together, and the relationships both within
and outside of the team. Work with product managers and engineering
to ensure implementations meet design standards. Integrate a highly
decentralized team into a coherent and unified continuous product
Out design stack:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
This is a full-time role based in Somerville, MA (though we're
remote through the pandemic).
Working At Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work,
families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision,
Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Health
Reimbursement Account (HRA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an
inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.