The art department is currently looking for a talented full-time junior art director who is able to start May 1st. Our ideal candidate will have a strong graphic design background. Their responsibilities will vary with what we need on a regular basis but understanding how to edit video and present things in motion will be a big one. They will be comfortable working on things like crazy photoshop comps, icons, callouts on images, infographics, signs, and various other projects we need. This position will also involve producing ads for our numerous outlets of advertising. Understanding that medium and experimenting with new ways of presenting our products to the world in our ads is another key element of this position. Our office is a high energy, busy environment. We like to have fun at work and so should you. Since we function a bit like a publishing house, we often have a very short turnaround for projects and need someone who can be a proactive self-starter and get things done quickly. We're looking for a fun and driven individual with a good sense of humor who will not be offended by creepy mannequins, a captured yeti hung upside down in our store, or the occasional dog coming by your desk to sniff out whether or not you have any treats.
- You know photoshop and illustrator inside out with 4+ years of design experience at another company.
- You have experience editing and working with video.
- Good sense of humor and a unique creative style.
- You are very comfortable creating banner ads. (and have examples to show)
- You are very experienced with typography and laying out copy. You make sure things are spaced perfectly on all sides when it comes to copy and ads.
- Open to learn new work flows and take critique well.
- Open to be a part of photo shoots once and awhile.
- After effects knowledge a major plus.
View 3 job postings at Betabrand Corporation
If this job sounds exciting to you, please provide a link to an online portfolio or website in your response email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.