Experience level 5-8 years (issa full-time, in-house role)
Ralph is looking for an equally right-side-left-sided-brain-type-human to lead our design team process.
You must have a visual eye but also be adept at working with other internal departments and external clients to facilitate the design team's premium and timely output. You will have a passion for entertainment and love to see the narrative of shows and movies translated into multiple platforms such as social, digital, experiential and live-action shoot.
You should be able to manage all facets of the design process, working with motion, editing, storyboarding, static design, UX, website design, illustration, key art, pitch mocks, trailers and 3D and anything else this crazy world throws at us.
You must also be extremely organized, calm under pressure, and a people person that will be able to 'conduct the choir' at the same time as spotting potential red flags and communicating the status of projects to make sure clients and the internal team all have huge, beaming smiles.
As with everyone at Ralph, you will also be expected to contribute to the creative process. You will be involved from pitch to delivery, bringing your amazing ideas to the table backed up with rationale as to why fans would want to engage, and be able to present these ideas clearly and succinctly both internally and to clients.
What's the Day to Day?
- Inspire the team to think about creative differently, providing insight into different creative process and giving them exposure to other artists, agencies and creators.
- Manage the team from a top-line perspective, making sure expectations and standards are clear, people are motivated and feel empowered, a decent work-life balance is maintained, team and individual growth is nurtured, and knowledge is shared between all parties to make us work smarter.
- Liaise with other team leaders and the design team to make sure everyone is well briefed, well organized and is on track to deliver high-quality output that answers the brief and entertains the consumer.
- Communicate and present work to clients, backing up campaigns with rationale to support the visuals and their reason to exist.
- Manage the full process from pitch to delivery offering constructive feedback on design choices and ways to increase productivity
- Understand individuals' strengths and weaknesses so work can be allocated to the best candidate.
- Utilize project management tools such as Asana to keep track of the process, not being afraid to pivot and try new processes if the same issues consistently arise.
- Spot issues with resource and employ or find freelancers with make sure we have enough hands for the workload.
- Work with LA and London team to utilize their skill-sets and manage overspill work should and when it arises.
- Mentor the team, supporting its growth as individuals and as a whole.
- Help out with design visuals if and when needed.
- An organized, friendly, positive, can-do attitude.
- A design background, whether physically designing or managing a team of designers. (Inc Creative Suite / video software experience).
- An interest in entertainment and socially-driven media.
- Experience of managing a team that are located at in the same room.
And Bonus Points:
- Small to medium-sized agency experience
- Shoot / live event experience
You are not a list-forwarder. You constantly think about how we can be better, work smarter and inspire our current and future employees to grow and produce the best possible work they can.. with a sense of collaboration and satisfaction.
Who are we?
Ralph is an award-winning creative agency with offices in Los Angeles, New York and London that are filled with passionate people who work hard to create big ideas that inspire and innovate online. We work with a wide range of clients including Netflix, NBC Universal, AMC, Starz, WB, Sony, and more. We're a young team of passionate and social creatures who enjoy music, humor and aren't afraid to roll our sleeves up when we're busy. Check out our website at ralphandco.com for more background on who we are and what we do. NO RECRUITERS PLEASE - IF WE WANTED TO USE YOU WE WOULDN'T POST ADS DURRRR.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Submit your resume, portfolio and your best joke. Copy and pasted cover letters won't be considered.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.