IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking a Lead Project Manager to head our rapidly growing art project management team. This role will focus on managing our team of Art Coordinators, who recruit and oversee freelance illustrators. The team as a whole is responsible for the creation of the dynamic, magical artwork that makes IXL's curriculum content come alive.
This is a full-time position in our San Mateo office. Please be sure to send a cover letter with your submission so that we can learn more about you.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and develop a talented team of 4-6 Art Coordinators, who will oversee the creation of delightful, engaging illustrations for use in IXL's K-12 educational content
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Art Coordinators on your team to ensure progress towards individual career goals
- Ensure your team produces high-quality, on-time deliverables
- Strategically prioritize and assign projects to ensure maximum impact
- Recruit, hire, and train freelance illustrators and full-time coordinators
- Maintain strong, ongoing relationships with our team of freelance illustrators
- Collaborate with art coordinators and IXL's visual design team to provide artistic direction
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, UX designers, and curriculum designers to ensure projects meet educational and technical requirements
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of work experience, including experience managing projects with freelance artists
- Experience managing a team of at least 2 individual contributors
- Technical mindset with a strong design aesthetic
- Proven track record of excellent project management
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator
- Insight into what makes things fun
- Experience with web technologies; experience with SVGs is a plus
- Interest or experience in K-12 education is a plus
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.