The Mechanical Design Manager leads and directs the Mechanical Design team in all aspects of mechanical design activities within an Aviation Studio. S/he is responsible for building and leading a world class team, driving excellence inside the discipline, and for coordinating activities that promote TEAGUE's cross-discipline offering. The Mechanical Design Manager is an inspiring leader and manager, ensuring content of the highest quality for our creative deliverables, driving success of the team, and presenting TEAGUE as a leader in design. The manager acts as a mentor and coach, and defines a career path for team members that will challenge, support, and provide career growth and development.
Central responsibilities of this position are overseeing the growth strategy, team capabilities, resource/project planning, budgeting, and timeliness of program deliverables in coordination with project management and other management peers. In collaboration with other team managers, the Mechanical Design Manager will ensure that the client's business objectives are met on time, on budget and with the highest level of quality.
Why We Need This Position
We may be known for our innovative products, but it's the dazzling leadership taking place behind the scenes that is the real secret to our success. To consistently push boundaries, develop new business, and deliver the kind of targeted, forward-thinking innovations that our clients have come to depend on, we need skilled and inspiring leaders guiding their teams. That's where you come in.
Who We're Looking For
A multi-talented and dynamic individual with superlative leadership skills, a deep understanding of mechanical design, a passion for innovation, and a head for business. Does that sound like you? If so, read on. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who can quickly grasp the big picture and project into the future by promoting innovation, experience, and growth. It is up to you to serve as an ambassador for the discipline of Mechanical Design, introducing new methods, processes, tools, and approaches to push the effectiveness of the Design Realization Group. Practically speaking, you will plan, organize, and direct mechanical design staffing resources to meet project and company objectives related to product design, new product development, and production and delivery of customer specific designs. You'd also be responsible for providing mechanical design resources for Aviation Architecture projects, mostly in the form of self-managed projects from conceptualization to production. You will also support key new business opportunities with the client and providing thought leadership on tactical and strategic projects. You will also provide effective project leadership for the team by preparing compelling statements of work, establishing budgetary parameters and managing project milestones; and preparing and presenting cohesive and persuasive rationales for our clients.
In addition to project work, you will serve as a model, mentor, coach, guru and cheerleader, guiding career development planning for the team; conducting performance reviews; building stronger internal cross-functional teams; and modeling and implementing best management practices on an operational level. If you're a decisive, innovative, solution-oriented strategic thinker and team player with a strong creative streak and a good dash of business savvy, we have got just the job for you.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience and/or 5+ years' experience in mechanical design, with 3+ years of management experience in a consulting environment preferred; experience providing long-term planning as well as oversight of day-to-day operations; distinguished credentials in a related industries; a recognized leader, thinker and builder who inspires others; must have an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds; demonstrated experience and interest in the "business side" as well as the creative; a proven track record of successful projects and satisfied clients
- Special skills: A thorough understanding of international design culture and trends of the industry, including adjacent and/or influencing industries; advanced knowledge of CATIA V5, PDM Systems, MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Lync, Projects, and PowerPoint; strong leadership and team management skills with the ability to manage conflict and inspire others to follow the vision; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong negotiation skills - both internally and client focused; demonstrated client management skills
- Passion: Leading creative teams in such a way that they are inspired and motivated to deliver their best work to clients
- Role: Leading a team in the development of innovative solutions and serving as an ambassador for Mechanical Design both within Teague and with clients
- Personality: Collaborative, decisive, diplomatic, personable, detail-oriented, strategic
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/4cxzdkq3d38zkndf
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.