Our client, a major online retailer, needs a Merchandise Assistant to join their team onsite 40 hours/week in San Bruno. Company shuttle available.
1. Setup and Maintenance of Items & Content 50%
- Supports the item level efforts of all merchandise categories reporting to the Category Manager
- Work with Buyers and Item Set up Team to set up new items and maintain item changes such as: Walmart numbers, item dimensions, rebates, add distributors, remove distributors, retail price changes, cost price changes, department/RHID changes, for accurate tracking and data collection.
- Works closely with the copywriters and supplier to manage content acquisition.
- Works closely with the Item Set Up Team and supplier to manage the procurement and coordination of digital images and/or samples for the site.
- Work with Web Collage, CNET, and easy2.com on product demos and page outlook enhancement.
- Oversees the quality assurance process as it relates to the items preparation to go live on the site. This includes testing produ cts that are live, continuing to submit JIRA tickets to fight bugs and follow-up with Digital Store Operations (DSO), @Labs, and other cross-functional teams as needed, in order to ensure a great customer experience. Modify/update item page as needed.
- Collaborate with DSO to promote appropriate assortment for seasonal/holiday campaigns to increase awareness and drive traffic to items + shelves.
- SEO merchandise descriptions and wordsmith item page content.
- Run in stock daily report for daily publishing.
- Track all items coming in, out to supplier, or with cross-functional team to ensure all items go live in a timely manner.
- Maintain item pages with accurate accessories and cross sell layout.
- Manage change requests such as: prices, flags, inventory availability, critical live images and copy changes, base/variant maintenance.
2. Administrative and Tracking 30%
- Sample Coordination + Product Development Assistance: Organize samples for vendors/partners accurately. Troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Assist in reporting via various systems including Teradata, Thoughtspot, Item Query, etc.
- Monitor reviews and ratings feedback.
- Submit critical tickets for system, or data repairs.
- Run reports to insure end dates are accurate for items existence.
- Run weekly out of stock reports for drop shipment items and email them out to pertaining suppliers for ETA.
3. Special Projects 15%
- Coordinate with Associate Operations Manager, Walmart.com Resolutions, and the Legal Team to resolve customer service issues promptly and accurately.
- Provide additional support to the Item Set Up Team, PIM Support team, and Inbound Team as defined by the category manager.
- Provide new MAs within the department basic training.
4. Competitive Analysis and Customer Insights 5%
- Perform competitive analysis by collecting market data (pricing, assortment, promotion) for competitive products.
- Conduct Competitive Analysis and research Customer Insights to inform business programs for Services. Assist with customer insights by contributing to customer surveys and interview questions. Conduct in-person interviews. Aggregate data from in-person interviews and online surveys, and provide assistance on synthesis and analysis of customer insights data.
- Comp shop other competitor sites
Required qualifications / skills (please provide specific examples of how these apply to you):
* 1+ years of experience in merchandising, customer service, project coordination, or administrative capacity.
* Possess business acumen
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.