OluKai is looking for a creative, thoughtful and enthusiastic
Editor of Video and Motion to join our team to produce and oversee
motion-based creative projects.
We are looking for a creative, energetic, next-generation
storyteller to join us as a Editor of Video and Motion - a
professional who can capture the imagination of our audience using
motion-based content, in long-form storytelling as well as
short-form advertising (i.e. paid and organic Social) and
product-based marketing. The Editor will assist with the
production process for brand management including all digital asset
needs, video production for internal/external use, and special
projects. This person will have a deep understanding of the brand's
identity and lifestyle, creating assets that reinforce the brands
position and the connection with the consumer. This person needs to
have a deep understanding of production from concept to
We're looking for someone with a passion for life, adventure and
learning. This person must have had prior experience working in a
team as you will work with the entire creative and marketing crew,
as well as other departments and third-party vendors to constantly
develop creative visual strategies and successful work. This person
must have a pro-active nature, a curiosity and desire to learn, and
an understanding of deadlines.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to the
- Contribute to the production of short- and medium-form content
from beginning to end (includes editing, sound design, motion
graphics, file management, and distribution to inter-office
- Assist with the creation, conception, and presentation of
social media integration effort for offline/online marketing
campaigns in the region.
- Storyboard, design, execute and edit short form video that will
be used on social media, YouTube, Tiktok, digital advertising, .com
blog, and more.
- Work with cross-functional teams to take projects from concept
- Duties will include, but not limited to: planning, editing, and
delivering content for brand plans.
- Collaborate with creative teams both internally and externally
to deliver content and creative on-time.
- Manage any changes in scope of work, schedule, and the overall
project to ensure timely delivery and content.
- Create brand-centric impact content across various digital
channels as well as internal / external meeting needs.
- Ability to film brand identity needs is a bonus.
- Management of video files - archiving RAW footage on drives,
and tagging/organizing final clips and pieces on our Data Asset
- Work with the Creative Director and Content Art Director to
manage freelance creative support as needed.
These are the qualifications you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or
related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of in producing and managing content creation within
a sizeable organization with lifestyle brands.
- Advanced knowledge in video editing software (ie Premiere,
After Effects, Davinci, etc).
- Digital design software knowledge is a plus (ie Adobe XD and
Adobe Creative Suite).
- Understanding of designing for digital formats including
dot-com, UI/UX, and animated digital pieces to be placed in various
performance advertising positions.
- Experience working with motion graphics tools, especially for
animating text and logos.
- Experience creating multi-tiered campaigns.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer creative and messaging.
- Experience with long-form (narrative) video as well as
short-form marketing (advert) pieces.
- Needs to work well independently, have excellent follow-through
- Should be quick, collaborative and creative. Need to be able to
thrive in a deadline driven environment.
- Requires knowledge of art department or agency workflow.
- Must possess strong organizational skills including video/file
- Have ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once
and be deadline oriented.
- Must have strong communication skills as working well in a team
We offer a highly competitive benefit and compensation package,
including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid
holidays, generous product discounts with some clients, summer
beach outings very casual (yet professional) work environment.