Position: Packaging Engineer - Onsite in Palo Alto via Shuttle
Location: Peninsula Area
Estimated Duration: Weeks
Starts: Interviewing Now
Rate: up to $78/hr
Our HOT tech client is looking for a Packaging Engineer!
NOTE: Please provide portfolio link with submission for consideration.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the concept ideation, design, development, documentation creation, validation and release focusing on Google products.
- Close cooperation with Engineering, ID, UX, Marketing, Operations and Logistics.
- Interaction with offshore suppliers and will require periodic travel to sites both within and outside of the USA developing valid packaging solutions from high-level design concepts.
- BS degree in packaging engineering, related engineering or science, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with various packaging materials used in consumer packaging
- Packaging CAD design experience using both 2D and 3D applications
Nice to Have:
- Able to drive people/groups for quality, schedule or design both internally and externally
- Experience in managing multiple packaging projects in a cross-functional environment
- Understanding and experience with international testing standards such as ASTM, ISTA, etc.
- Packaging design and development for high volume products
- Experience in product fragility analysis and lab testing of packaged products a plus
- Experience designing and managing printed and folded package materials and manuals a plus
- Ability to work 'hands-on' both in the office and at manufacturing sites
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator
This is an onsite freelance opportunity in Palo Alto. Public Transportation accessible via company shuttle.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.
Salary: US$68 - US$78 per hour
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.