Invest Atlanta is the City of Atlanta's economic development
authority. We advance Atlanta's global competitiveness by growing a
strong economy and building vibrant communities, putting equity at
the forefront of everything we do. Invest Atlanta also includes the
Women's Entrepreneurship Initiative and WorkSource Atlanta, the
City's workforce development agency. Invest Atlanta is seeking a
professional with three or more years of public relations
experience to assist with expanding our outreach to key
stakeholders, primarily through the media, executive visibility,
content development, events, and other initiatives. The Public
Relations Specialist will be a key member of Invest Atlanta's
Marketing and Communications team, working directly with the Vice
President of Marketing and Communications and Marketing
Communications Coordinator as well as executives and program
managers across the agency. We are looking for someone who knows
the fundamentals of public relations, understands how to work with
the media, and is an accomplished, enthusiastic writer ready to
further their career in a fast-paced, collegial environment that
offers new challenges every day.
- Developing and maintaining a calendar of public relations
opportunities and executing in coordination within Marketing and
Communications and other agency departments.
- Managing inbound media inquiries and developing ideas to
generate positive news coverage about Invest Atlanta and our
programs for city businesses and residents.
- Preparing media materials, including press releases, media
alerts, media lists, executive quotes and talking points.
- Researching topics of interest to the agency to support content
- Identifying opportunities for awards and submitting
- Assisting teammates with social media content.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a repository of information
for marketing communications.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience with media outreach and a track record of generating
- Strong writing, grammar and copyediting skills; mastery of AP
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and grow relationships with internal
contacts and partner organizations.
- Experience leveraging content across media platforms.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel,
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Flexibility and an enthusiastic, results-oriented mindset.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- Experience in graphic design and design programs, e.g.,
Photoshop and InDesign, and photography and photo editing are a
- Use of GIS software, e.g., mapping tools, for marketing
- Familiarity with public relations software platforms.
- Experience working with outside vendors.
- Affinity for working with people in a team environment.
- Exposure to economic development, community relations and/or
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Educational background in journalism, communications or public
relations is a plus.
- Work experience in public relations or communications in an
agency, nonprofit, corporate or government setting.
Resumes should be submitted to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants, including but not limited to minorities,
females, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.