We are growing our Design team to build a world class product experience at Tile. Tile makes a smart location device that helps people find items that are important to them. You may have seen them at Target, Apple Store, or on a friend's keychain, so that things like keys, bikes, backpacks, wallets, etc can be found with their smartphone.
Design Team Mission
Our team is looking to elevate the entire product experience. The Design team works closely with the Product and Software Engineering teams to bring life to ideas that make Tile even more relevant to daily life, by unlocking the combined potential of smartphones, the cloud, and our community of Tile users. We are making a future where everything has smart location, so the world will be a simpler, happier place. The Sr. Product/UX Designer is primarily responsible for creating the user experience of a product or feature from conception through launch.
What you'll be doing
- Synthesizing user needs, product needs, business strategy, and technical requirements into product experiences that users fall in love with.
- Partnering with Product Managers and Engineers to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for Tile's users.
- Designing flows and experiences that are simple, elegant, and beautiful.
- Communicating rationale for design decisions.
- Establish consistent UX patterns and standards for the product.
- Collaborating with other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Encourage creativity and risk taking on the team.
Skills and Expertise
- Strong empathy for users.
- Strong communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions).
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software.
- Mobile UX design experience.
- Android experience a huge plus.
- Ability to prototype a plus.
- Start-up experience a plus.
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
If it sounds interesting to solve problems that EVERYONE has experienced -- If you want to help people who are stressed out or panicked over losing something important to them -- If you want to work on a product users love, let's get in touch!
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do.
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings.
- Shuttle service from SF, Easy Bay, and South Bay.
- Free parking.
- On-site gym access.
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.