IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 7 million students worldwide, is seeking an artistic, innovative, and passionate Senior User Interface Designer to join our UI Design team in a leadership role. Members of our UI team design clean, engaging visual experiences that make online learning both intuitive and fun.
This is a full-time position in our San Mateo office.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work on a variety of project types, including visual design, UI, illustrations, icons, animations, and email design
- Work across multiple platforms, responsive applications, and a variety of screen sizes, from rough sketches to highly polished, production ready mockups
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Product Designers to create innovative, clean, visually consistent with brand designs, using a variety of creative styles and techniques
- Produce engineer-ready style guides on all approved mockups
- Mentor junior members of the UI Design team
- Provide artistic direction and feedback on various design projects
What We're Looking For
- Proven experience mentoring or managing other UI designers
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and at least one animation software
- Knowledge of Sketch is a plus
- Ability to create clean, clutter-free, brand-consistent designs
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, including an ability to communicate design decisions clearly and concisely
- Passion for outstanding, elegant design
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion
- Bachelor's in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Fine Arts or a related field is a plus
- Interest in K-12 education is a plus
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.