The Visual Designer is responsible for applying his/her conceptual skills, industry expertise and imagination to bring innovation and creative excellence to TEAGUE's interactive work. This position requires experience in layout, typography, and color and an ability to create design systems, custom iconography and meaningful data visualizations. They should have experience partnering with UX Designers and Front-End Developers to create interactive experiences that resonate with users. The ideal candidate can demonstrate their ability to influence the user's emotions and drive action through the use of motion, language and aesthetics. They will be capable of explaining the reasoning behind their decisions to creative leadership and clients, and be able to create presentations that successfully communicate their concepts.
Why We Need This PositionThough communication and aesthetics are crucial to compelling and successful designs, TEAGUE also relies on its designers to understand product strategy and user-centered design. In addition to having serious design chops, we're looking for someone who knows how to work harmoniously with creative teams to meet-or better yet, exceed!-our clients' strategic objectives. That's where you come in.
Who We're Looking ForYou are a collaborative, passionate and detail-oriented designer with a strong aesthetic and a capacity for strategic thinking. In partnership with TEAGUE's UX Designers, you will create compelling interactive design solutions for mobile apps, websites and VR experiences. On any given day, you may find yourself creating visual design concepts (via mood boards, visual mock-ups, or high-fidelity screens) or developing storyboards to communicate your ideas to team members and clients. You're also responsible for generating graphic assets and detailed design specifications so your developers can make the best possible product. You'll create motion studies and clickable prototypes, while exploring new methods to express your concept in a meaningful way. You'll proactively solicit feedback from others and be passionate about learning and improving your craft. Finally, you can demonstrate your ability to articulate your design rationale and tie your decisions to project goals and experience strategies.
To thrive in this position, you'll apply a strategic and creative approach to solving design problems. In addition to an understanding of the design process-including divergent (brainstorming), convergent (concept-selection), and detail-design phases-you'll need top-notch communication and collaboration skills, which you'll put to frequent use while working with clients and colleagues. You'll be capable of switching between big-picture thinking, and pixel-level precision. Personality-wise, you're flexible, nimble, and curious, capable of taking on new challenges with a sense of humor and grace. If you've got a passion for design and a keen desire to collaborate with others to craft innovative solutions that will shape the future, we'd love to talk to you.
What We Just Said, Now in 6 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Visual Design, Graphic Design or equivalent from an accredited school is required; 2-4 years of professional experience designing interactive experiences; solid presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated experience successfully working with a cross-disciplinary design team; experience in a consulting environment preferred
- Skills: Experienced in interactive design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision, Zeplin, etc); advanced capabilities with layout and communication tools (InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint); competent in motion design programs (AfterEffects and/or Principle or other); current with UX industry trends, modern development techniques, technology, design tools and processes
- Special Requirements: Normal corrective vision range; ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; regular attendance in the workplace; frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend, and reach
- Passion: Using design and technology to solve our client's biggest challenges
- Role: Supporting the design team's efforts to find and implement innovative solutions
- Personality: Creative, collaborative, passionate, organized, enthusiastic
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/gmnwys4cgc565mz6
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.