The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we're working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We've got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
View 2 job postings at Partnership for Public Service
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Web and Graphic Design Manager will work on the communications team to lead the design efforts for all of the Partnership's print and digital projects including six websites, reports, marketing collateral, campaign graphics, data visualizations and infographics, presentations and video graphics. This person will focus on refining the UX and visual identity of the Partnership's websites and will direct and contribute to the design and development of all site enhancements.
This mid-level position requires someone with a highly sophisticated aesthetic; strong web design and development skills; experience with layout design, infographics, data visualization and vector illustration; an excellent understanding of typography; and an ability to scout, source and appropriately use high-quality imagery. This person must be able to follow established brand guidelines but also be able to extend the brand to its fullest possible expression. We are looking for someone who can generate ideas, think editorially and narratively, use design to transform complicated ideas into high-impact, visually driven and brand-appropriate materials.
The Web and Graphic Design Manager works as part of an interdisciplinary team of creative, editorial, media, events, and marketing staff. As a result, the ideal candidate should be able to supervise effectively, contribute ideas, participate in meetings and collaborate with others. This person will also work closely with other program teams and outside vendors and must be able to manage relationships and lead assigned projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing the creative process from concept to completion for print and digital projects including websites, reports, marketing collateral, campaign graphics, data visualizations and infographics, presentations and video graphics
- Work collaboratively to uphold brand and style standards and help identify opportunities to amplify the brand and build awareness in ways that are distinctive and relevant to target audiences
- Interpret organizational needs and develop effective concepts that are high-impact, visually driven and brand-appropriate materials
- Supervise and develop an Associate Designer
- Interface with printers, photographers and various external vendors
- In-depth understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Illustrator; PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- Exceptional typographic and layout skills
- Excellent organizational skills; able to juggle multiple projects, work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to function collaboratively in a team environment
- Very strong eye for detail; concern for quality throughout design and production process
- Strong knowledge of effective design strategies for social media platforms and digital marketing
- Commitment to the importance of public service
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in design, fine arts or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Five to eight years of directly related experience in a professional setting demonstrating thorough knowledge of digital and print design; in-house and nonprofit experience a plus
- Prior supervisory experience highly desired
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the communications director.
This position supervises an associate designer.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm. There may be occasional evening or weekend activities required.
If travel occurs, it is usually local and during the business day.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Candidates only! It is NOT OK for recruiters or others to solicit this company.