Over the past decade, the market for high CBD hemp flower has been significantly expanding. CBD has proven its usefulness in many different ways and, in the more extreme instances, some people have claimed the regular consumption of CBD has helped change their lives.
Currently, there is at least some pro CBD legislation either passed or on the table for discussion in all 50 states. Because the (legal) market for high CBD hemp flower is relatively new, both consumers and even some industry professionals have a variety of different questions.
The market for CBD products is diverse and has many different forms. In order to make sure you are consuming the right CBD product (and consuming it in the right way), it will be important that you do plenty of research before making any major purchases.
Fortunately, your questions can all likely be easily answered. In this article, we will explore some of the most frequently asked questions that people have about the CBD market including the potential uses of CBD, the different ways it can be consumed, and how you can be sure that you are maximizing its effects.
What is CBD?
The cannabis plant is a naturally occurring phenomenon that has benefited humankind for centuries. The plant itself possesses both industrial and personal use potential which, at least in the United States, has recently experienced an incredibly strong increase in legal demand.
The cannabis plant naturally contains more than 100 different cannabinoids, which are chemical compounds capable of directly interacting with the human body. Within the cannabis plant “family”, most products can be categorized as either hemp or marijuana. While marijuana will contain strong levels of the cannabinoid known as THC (which is what causes you to feel high), hemp is a term that is used to describe all cannabis products with 0.3% THC content or less.
Though THC has been the center of industry attention for decades, it is by no means the only relevant cannabinoid. The cannabinoid CBD (cannabidiol) has recently experienced an increased amount of attention due to the fact that, while it can still benefit the human body in a variety of different ways, it does not contain the same psychoactive effects as its THC-heavy counterparts.
What are some of the potential uses of CBD?
With each passing year, the demand for CBD-heavy hemp products continues to skyrocket. This is because not only does CBD pair well with other cannabinoids (such as CBN, CBC, and countless others), but it has received an increased level of attention for being a legitimate wellness treatment.
The way that your body will experience CBD products will be very personal and, because of this, it is generally a good idea to start slow and see how you react. However, keeping this in mind, these are just a few of the ways that CBD products have been claimed by some people to improve their lives:
- Effectively combat depression, anxiety, and other related conditions
- Treat various digestive issues and increase appetite (when appropriate)
- Improve sleep and general wellness
- Combat chronic pain—especially pain that is caused by long-term illnesses and even cancer
- Various other benefits, which will vary tremendously by individual
CBD is not a “cure all” source of treatment, but if you find that it does help you with whatever conditions you may have, then it may be something worth consuming on a regular basis.
What are the different ways that CBD can be extracted?
There are many people that want to consume high CBD hemp flower in its natural form. However, there are also some others that may want a “cleaner” or more concentrated approach to consumption.
Fortunately, there are many different ways that high CBD hemp flower can be extracted and made easier to consume. Using a time-tested process known as fractional distillation, it is possible to isolate the CBD component of the cannabis plant by gradually heating (and separating) a liquefied mixture over time.
Once the CBD component of the plant is completely isolated, it will be possible to create various substances with a much greater sense of precision.
- CBD Isolates, as the name might imply, are a specific type of extraction that focus on maximizing CBD content while minimizing other ingredients.
- Though hemp already has incredibly low amounts of THC, it can sometimes be found in trace amounts. Because of this, scientists developed a product known as THC Free CBD Distillates which go through a few extra steps to make sure there is measurably no THC present, whatsoever.
- Full Spectrum CBD Distillates recognize that, due to the existence of many different cannabinoids, there can be a synergy when these cannabinoids are consumed together. These products may contain CBD, CBN, CBC, and even small amounts of THC.
Regardless of which extract you decide to consume, the importance of starting the process with high CBD hemp flower is quite obvious. Higher CBD content will result in a superior product that will afford its consumers a greater degree of consumption flexibility.
How can I consume CBD to maximize its effects?
If you are interested in consuming CBD, it is good to know that there are many different ways that it can actually be consumed. Though smoking was once the most popular way of consuming cannabis products, those who are hoping to have a generally cleaner experience may want to consider one of these many innovative alternatives.
- Edible CBD Products including CBD gummies, brownies, and various other snacks.
- Vaporable CBD Products which are less irritable on the throat.
- High CBD waxes, “shatter”, and other comparable forms.
Generally speaking, by purchasing something that was made with a CBD concentrate, you will be able to maximize the effects (both on a cost and dry flower basis). Even with this in mind, however, there are still a few other things that you will want to think about.
Edible CBD products typically take longer to “kick in” and will also last for a longer amount of time. Though this experience will be very different than consuming a THC-heavy edible, this is certainly a great option for individuals who are looking for a lasting source of wellness. On the other hand, if you want immediate relief—especially from pain—then you may want to consider investing in various waxes, shatters, or other products that can be vaporized.
What other things should I think about when shopping around for high CBD hemp flower?
Unsurprisingly, the market for products derived from high CBD hemp flower has become considerably more competitive over time. Consumers are now discovering that they have more options to choose from than ever before.
Here are just a few of the things you should ask yourself when shopping around.
- What is your intended use of this product? Is it for recreational or wellness purposes?
- Which cannabinoids do you want to be present?
- Do you prefer fast-acting treatment or long-lasting treatment? What is your preferred consumption method?
- What are other variables might be important to you?
By accounting for each of these variables before you begin shopping, you will find that you have a much easier time making a final decision.
As you can see, the market for high CBD hemp flower is rather complex. There are many different choices that you will need to make. By taking the time to do your research and compare the options you have available, you will be able to find the specific product that is right for you while also maximizing its effects.